Monday, April 25, 2011

Sell Out

     Too often I take the easy way out.  Instead of working hard and giving everything my best effort, I tend to coast or just rely on the fact that I have done this a million times before and I can get by doing the same old thing.  It is very easy to fall into the trap of complacency, and just get by with the minimum. 
     God, however, calls us to something very different. He asks us to always give our best, even when we don't feel like it.  God has never said that the Christian life is easy.  He tells us all through Ephesians that this life we live is a battle, and the biggest battle I seem to fight is the one against myself.  When it comes to doing my job I make excuses like; "I am to tired" "I'm not good enough" "I don't have time" or "I have done this before so it's no big deal."  When in reality, I just want to get by with as little effort as I can and not work hard to make sure that God is glorified in everything I do.  I am realizing that no matter what the job, if I give it everything I can and work hard, God is honored.  I want to live and work in a way that brings God glory, whether I am planning a set list for a worship service, writing a song, mowing the lawn or going to the grocery store.
     These are just a few thoughts rattling around in my head today.  Thanks for listening!   Hope you have a great week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment