Monday, August 29, 2011

With or Without You

Michelle and I spent the weekend in Birmingham, Alabama (yes, that is where they love the gov'ner). Kenny Conley and his team from Gateway Community Church from Austin, TX put on a Children's Ministry Conference called Illuminate #illumin8 that we were able to be a part of. We had such an amazing time meeting people and making new friends who are so passionate about God and kids.
At the morning session Michelle and I were able to just participate in worship, we were not leading or in charge of anything. That is not something we get to do very often. We were able to just enjoy worshiping through music. The music was being lead by worship leader Chuck Hooten, and the message was given by Jim Wideman. As we were there God really impressed on me something that I have always known, but have not thought about in a while. God doesn't need me to do His work for Him. So often I get caught up in set lists, and planning and where we are going and who is playing with us etc. that I forget that He is in control. He doesn't want me doing things for Him, He just wants me.
I really felt God saying "I just want you. I don't want you doing stuff for me, I just want YOU." I have always known this, but it really hit me this week. He will continue His work with or without me, but He wants me to be open to His leading. He wants me to offer Him myself, not my stuff.
Just some of the things bouncing around in my head this week....
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment