Friday, September 23, 2011

I Sing the Songs...

I have often gone into a church service and thought..."I hope I get something out of this today" or "I hope they sing the songs I like" or "I hope the message is something I want to hear."

If you have been around me for any amount of time, you have heard me talk about how worshiping God is not just about singing songs or going to an event. We shouldn't go to worship, it should be the way we live our lives every minute of every day.

However, singing is a part of worshiping God!

I found this video today and thought about how many times I have sung these songs, and the right words have come out of my mouth, but my mind is wandering off somewhere thinking about what is for lunch or who is winning the the game or what I am doing later. When what I should be focused on in my loving God. He is my defender and my friend. He is my comfort and strength. He is my fortress and my salvation.

Yes, listen and laugh because this video is funny, but when you go to your church services this week, don't just sing the words because they are on the screen or handout, sing them so that God hears your heart, (whether it is your favorite song or not.) Don't think about what I can get out of this, but instead what can I give back to God for all that He has done in my life. Worship should not be about how much we get, but how much we give.

No comments:

Post a Comment