Monday, January 24, 2011

Get out of the way!!

     You may have heard that simple "church-y" phrase "Let go and Let God."  It sounds so simple and so spiritual.  I think though that is what Paul is saying in 2 Corinthians when he says "Gods strength is made perfect in my weakness."  I have been becoming more and more aware of this idea lately.  I get so caught up in trying to make sure I am in control and I have everything the way I want it that I forget that God is the one actually in control.  If I would take all the energy I spend in trying to do things myself and let God use me for His glory then things would probably go much smoother.  I can try and try to be my best, the best husband,, best father, best leader, best songwriter, but that will always come up short.  Not just short by a little bit but like the Grand Canyon short.  But if I let God's power work through me and get myself out of the way, then like Paul, God's strength will be made perfect in my weakness. Something I am learning and seeing more clearly every day.  If I can live in God's love and grace and let that flow through me, I can be exactly what God has created me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment